Conflictus Spiritus


Conflictus Spiritus
There is conflict woven by our Creator into the heart of our species. For at our simplest essence we are creatures of both immortal Spirit and dying flesh. We are opposites created as one and there is struggle between the two. In an age yet to come the conflict shall be resolved and being immortal, it is Spirit that shall emerge triumphant. No one, save God the Creator knows when that age shall arrive but it is my faithful belief that it is yet distant.
Whilst alive in the flesh nearly 1600 years past, I know there were those who believed the last age was then imminent. Centuries before my time there were many who believed the last age was already upon them and in your own current age there are even more who believe these to be the end of days. For it has always been the vanity of men to believe that our own age is the most tumultuous, the most important and in many cases, the last of all ages. The last age is the time of the final triumph of Spirit over flesh and I do not believe that age is yet near. For we still live in an age of conflict between Spirit and flesh. The Spirit has no need of flesh but Spirit is deceived, forgetting its immortal nature and wrongfully associating itself with the weakness and mortality of the flesh. Our Spirit mistakes the needs and pains of the flesh as weaknesses of the Spirit itself. For Spirit and flesh are born together and live as one. The weaknesses of the flesh are mingled with the Spirit and it then seems normal that the death of the flesh would also end the life of the Spirit. We are taught otherwise and we believe but our belief is imperfect.
In my case, I died as an eight year old child and having Christian parents, I faced death by plague with a child’s strong, trusting faith in the heavenly afterlife. My beloved parents had told me of heaven and I believed without question. Even with such faith though, greater than that of most adults, the prospect of my death terrified me because of my Spirit’s natural attachment to my dying body. I had no particular love of my bodily life for my body was dying of plague. My faith in the immortality of Spirit was genuine and I had no sensible reason to cling so desperately to the last moments of bodily life but that life was all I my Spirit had known. My Spirit clung without reason to my dying flesh until the last possible moment, even delaying the death of my body and needlessly extending my suffering even more.
For many, the clinging of Spirit to flesh is more traumatic. Most always for an adult whose faith is less trusting and riddled with questions that destroy the more trusting faith of a child. Or for the wealthy who have enjoyed comfort whilst in the flesh, the trauma is greater still. For their Spirit grew accustomed to bodily comfort and mistakenly senses greater loss at the death of their flesh. Spirits such as these, and others shall enter the heavenly dimension at a lower plateau than those with less attachment to the physical realm but shall know peace eternal nonetheless. For once entered, their Spirit shall grow outward from the point of bodily death to become one with all Spirits of the heavenly dimension. They shall become one with the ever expanding creation of the cosmos, and one with the eternal God and Creator of all things. In that day shall the conflict of all Spirit be ended, the last age complete and the triumph of God achieved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Causa Homini Dei Creando

Per Purificationem Spiritus Carnem

Falsa Mali Natura in Carna